Sunday 18 October 2009

Introduction


This blog will try to establish links between various families connected to the Fisher Family. I will also be posting to various genealogy web sites but certain documents and pictures are too large or impractical so I have elected to start a blog.

In particular, I am trying to build up definitive links between my grandfather – George William Fisher (born 1892), great grandfather – George Gregory Fisher (born 1857) and my relations who were from Blandford Forum in Dorset. Although the two above named lived in Lancashire near Liverpool and subsequently London, my search of relations in Dorset derives from a bag of mourning rings which have been handed down in my family. The various names appearing on the rings indicate my family originated from this part of England. A description of the rings will be subject to a separate posting.

The various family names which are or, I believe, might be linked to my family are:

Blandford Forum connection

Budden
Tice
Blake


Liverpool/Lancashire connection

Hamer (from Preston)
Ravenscroft

If you prefer to communicate directly with me rather than post to this blog please contact me at igmfish@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks
Ian Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment